Here at LK, we design and manufacture Coordinate Measurement Machines (CMM’s) for customers all over the world. In fact, we are the world’s oldest CMM Manufacturer, something that we are extremely proud of.
Headquartered in Castle Donington next to East Midlands Airport, we have Sales and Support offices in the UK, as well as North America, China and throughout Europe.
We are passionate about our product range and meeting the needs of our customers, but we cannot meet their needs without our people, who are the foundation of our success. Working for LK Metrology means working for a business where staff ideas and feedback are not only welcome, but encouraged. If you are prepared to work hard and would like to have some fun along the way, then working for LK Metrology might be the right choice when considering the next step in your career.
About the role
To support the acceleration of our Software roadmap, we are looking to recruit an additional Software Engineer to join our Software Development team on a full time, permanent basis. As Software Engineer, your main duties will include:
- Design, development and testing of our software products using technologies such as C++, C# and SQL server on Windows.
- Participating in the full Agile/Scrum development process, through specification, development, code review, testing and delivery.
- Ensuring that projects are delivered on time and to specification with good quality.
- Supporting the rollout, testing and debugging of these products at key customer sites, mainly in the UK but occasionally overseas.
Our ideal applicant will have the following key skills, knowledge and experience:
- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Physics, Maths or another related subject.
- Knowledge of object-oriented design and at least one modern object-oriented programming language (preferably C++).
- Knowledge and/or interest in 3D vector/coordinate geometry.
- Knowledge of software engineering processes and tools such as Scrum, Agile, revision control and Visual Studio.
- Ability to research and find solutions to complex problems independently.
What can we offer you in return?
- Competitive salary and pension
- 25 days annual leave + bank holidays + additional service days
- Flexible working hours including home working
- Summer and Christmas social events
- Discounted purchases across most major retailers via our employee benefits platform
- Friendly, sociable and supportive working environment with a “one team” ethos