If you are looking for an exciting and varied role with excellent career prospects, we want to hear from you! Cimlogic are currently recruiting an experienced Systems Engineer to join our ever-expanding technical team. This is the perfect opportunity for an experienced Engineer with a track record of success, looking to further their career. You will make up part of a global technical team focused on delivering digital manufacturing solutions to FTSE100 and Fortune 500 companies.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
• Experience in Automation and SCADA domain, particularly: Rockwell Automation/Allen-Bradley and Siemens S7 PLCs, Cimplicity and FTView SCADAs
• Knowledge of ISA88 and an appreciation of ISA95.
• Understanding of PLC<>PLC, and PLC<>3rd Party communications as well as an understanding of the physical underlying technologies to a level where you are able to design solutions based on such interfaces both from a hardware and software perspective
• Understanding of common industry-standard protocols allowing for Level 2<>Level 1 Communications and Level 2 <> Level 3 communications, taking into account the ISA88/95 approach
• Best practice for the design of software required for Level 2 systems
• Provide supporting artefacts to demonstrate a risk-based approach to reliability and response times of Level2 system chosen and designed.
• Experience in delivery of Automation and SCADA solutions in different clients and types of industries
• Good problem-solving skills (technical and client); experience of troubleshooting, fault finding and fixing in operational/production environments
Participate in the demonstration and discussion of our solutions to clients/potential clients when needed
• Delivery of sub-tasks as allocated by Technical Manager(s) (TM) and/or Project Manager (PM)
• Identification and mitigation of risks (time/cost/quality) within own and junior staff areas of work
• Identification, and support to PM/TM in management of scope changes. Also variations to current/defined project standards
• Work on defined Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) provided by Technical Manager(s)/Project
• Support/contribute WBS to technical team members and suitability of resources, SQEP, assessments
• Participate in daily scrums & be ready to provide a concise & accurate status report and estimations to the Technical Manager
• Responsible for ensuring own work is to defined standards and reviewed accordingly
• Flagging to Project Manager where any aspect of project quality is at risk
• Participate in/Undertake code review with peers and seniors. Be ready to receive constructive feedback and make changes where required
• Technical mentor to junior team members - Help less experienced/junior team members get their job done
• Stay up to date regarding Automation and SCADA trends
• Learn about MES/MOM domain and current trends
• Assist Technical Managers in the assessment of how long a technical task will take you
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL
• Take pride in the quality of their work and exceeding client expectations
• Will be a good team player who can work autonomously when required.
• Demonstrate a commitment to ongoing self-development.
• Have an ability to quickly assimilate and develop new learning and skills.
• Is proactive and always looking to learn.
• Understands the need to commit and deliver to a timeline, meeting the required quality gates along the way.
• Understands the importance of investing in the development of the team.
• Engages in verbal dialogue (rather than email) with team and customers at a technical level
• Willing to invest in developing a better understanding of the technologies and subject of MES
• Consults and feeds back to Technical Manager about the technical challenges with delivery and suggests methods of improvement
SO, WHY JOIN CIMLOGIC
Along with our excellent attitude toward developing technologies, training, and our great team spirit, we regularly reward our team members for their outstanding work ethic. Recent rewards have included: Amazon vouchers, paid team outings, catered lunches and recently we sent one of our employees on a trip to watch the football in Barcelona.
WE ALSO OFFER:
- Competitive Salary
- Minimum 20 Days Holiday per year (plus Bank holidays)
- Eligible for paid Overtime
- Private Healthcare after 2 years’ service
- Pension Scheme
- Monthly Team Social events
To apply, please send your CV and covering letter to [email protected]