Van Leeuwen needs a Warehouse Manager to oversee the Energy Warehouse at their Middlesbrough site.
If you have energy sector experience, we want to hear from you.
Warehouse Manager - Energy TS6 6JA • £27,000 - £30,000 per annum
• Full Time, Permanent Position
• Must have previous experience in a management role
Please Note: Applicants must be eligible to work in the UK Van Leeuwen specialist in Steel Pipes and Tube and the company serves its worldwide customer base via an international network of forty branches in Europe, the Middle East, Asia, Australia, and America. Continued success has allowed us to invest heavily in our distribution network by opening new offices, building new warehouses and expanding existing ones. We are now looking for a Warehouse Manager - Energy to oversee the team at our Middlesbrough site. About the Role The successful candidate will be responsible for the day-to-day management and control of the Energy Warehouse, ensuring the highest level of performance, work standards, outputs and service are consistently maintained whilst promoting a safe working environment at all times.
• To be a key holder and to ensure buildings are opened, secured and locked up and alarmed.
• Taking accountability and ownership while reporting any issues to your manager in the warehouse.
• Manage the workforce to guarantee service levels & efficient and effective processes. Plan and organise Warehouse functions to be carried out in a timely and effective manner. Including planning of manning and sawing activities.
• Managing your team to monitor and improve working methods to increase productivity and/or safety.
• Managing your team to monitor and maintains stock inventory accuracy and security in its movement to prevent loss.
• Respond to customer queries on movement and status of stock in a timely and professional manner.
• Manage maintenance activities to guarantee business continuity and safety. Managing your team to supervise material movement, coordinating third party service providers and internal departments as necessary to ensure timely and efficient execution, in own warehouse as well as external locations KPIs
• RIDDOR, TAC, TAN, Overtime, Late list, Consumables, Holidays, OTD, Collections, etc.
• Optimising the manpower in your area to maintain capacity, Value added activity is saw cutting.
• Ensure KPIs are shared for the team.
• Ensure timely, full and accurate communication with all relevant departments on any factors which will impact on delivery dates, commitments to customers, quality, etc. Key Skills
• Health and Safety in the work environment.
• Good manager and leader.
• Stock knowledge.
• Band Saw competence.
• Good standard of literacy and numeracy.
• Counterbalance Fork Truck competence.
• Overhead Crane competence.
• Sling knowledge
• Packing and strapping.
• Use of measuring equipment.
• SAP/ Hanna user
• Desire to learn new skills.
• Good understanding of project work
• Sector Experience
• Previous experience in pipes, fittings and flanges would be advantageous
• Previous experience of managing projects.
• Minimum 5 years relevant working experience of which 2 years should be in a management position.
• People management and human relations skills Benefits
• 25 days annual leave (including 3 days at Christmas) Plus Bank Holidays
• 4% company pension
• Life Insurance
• Health Care Cash Plan
How to apply for the Warehouse Manager - Energy role: If you have the skills and experience and willingness to learn for this warehouse opportunity in the North East, click "apply" today and check your inbox for an email providing more information on how to tailor your application and provide a cover letter or any supporting documents. You must be eligible to work in the UK. No agencies please. Other suitable skills and experience includes: Warehouse Manager, Warehouse, Operations Manager, Logistics, Warehouse Operations Manager, Warehouse Supervisor