National Manufacturing Day 2023 is just around the corner, and it presents an unparalleled opportunity for manufacturers across the UK to throw open their doors and welcome the public into their world. Hosted by Make UK, this event promises to be a game-changer for the industry.
National Manufacturing Day offers a rare opportunity for the public to gain firsthand insight into the dynamic and diverse world of manufacturing. From automotive giants to innovative food and beverage producers, and aerospace innovators to cutting-edge pharmaceutical companies, this event will showcase the breadth of industries that fuel the UK economy.
Opportunities for Potential Future Talent
For school leavers, graduates, and those looking to acquire new skills, National Manufacturing Day serves as a gateway to a plethora of well-compensated, highly-skilled job opportunities. By partnering with the Government, Make UK ensures that information about participating companies reaches every corner of the UK, empowering individuals with the knowledge they need to make informed career choices.
Diversity and Inclusion in Manufacturing
Make UK's commitment to diversity and inclusion is at the forefront of National Manufacturing Day. The event aims to actively promote manufacturing apprenticeships as a viable post-school or college path, particularly to underrepresented groups, including women and minorities. By broadening the talent pool, businesses are taking a proactive step towards building a more inclusive and representative workforce for the future.
Why Should Manufacturers Get Involved?
Participating in National Manufacturing Day is not just about showcasing the impressive machinery and processes within your facility. It's about demonstrating your commitment to the future of the industry, inspiring the next generation of talent, and bolstering the reputation of UK manufacturing on a global scale.
- Promote Skilled Job Opportunities: Open your doors to prospective employees, students, and the wider community to showcase the range of well-compensated, highly skilled job opportunities available in your sector.
- Diversity and Inclusion: Actively promote apprenticeships and highlight the inclusive nature of your workforce, encouraging underrepresented groups, including women and minorities, to consider a career in manufacturing.
- Strengthen Community Relationships: Forge meaningful connections with local communities, educational institutions, and job centres. Show them that your company is invested in the prosperity of the area.
How to Get Involved
- Register Your Participation: Head to the official National Manufacturing Day website and pledge your commitment to opening your doors on September 28, 2023. Visit here to get started.
- Plan Your Activities: Consider what you'd like to showcase during the event. This could include comprehensive site tours, engaging Q&A sessions, or valuable career pathway advice.
- Engage Your Workforce: Encourage your employees to participate in the event. Their enthusiasm and expertise are invaluable in giving visitors a real sense of your company's culture and values.
- Spread the Word: Utilise your company's communication channels to promote your participation. Leverage social media, newsletters, and local media outlets to ensure your event gains the attention it deserves.
- Prepare for Visitors: Ensure your facilities are visitor-ready. This includes safety considerations, informational materials, and possibly even some hands-on experiences for your guests.
National Manufacturing Day 2023 is not just an event; it's a catalyst for positive change in the manufacturing industry. By participating, manufacturers have the chance to influence the next generation of talent, strengthen their communities, and showcase the innovation and expertise that define UK manufacturing. Make UK and E3R stand ready to support you in this endeavour. So, seize the opportunity and let your factory doors swing wide open on September 28th.
For more information and to register your participation, visit National Manufacturing Day's official website.