£28,080 - £29,640
Main purpose of job:
- The primary role of this job will be operating Amada Pressbrakes.
- Reporting to the Production Manager and Operations Manager, you will make sure our machines are kept running to efficiently produce high quality and precise parts.
- Our machines include industrial laser cutting machinery and press brakes, amongst others.
Main tasks of job include:
- Run the machines at 80% efficiency or above.
- Help other operators so all machines are running efficiently.
- Make sure the metal and metal parts are worked correctly and to a high quality
- General maintenance of machines and equipment according to:
- training and
- manufacturers guidelines.
- Check to make sure all parts you produce are of a high quality and true to the specifications of the customer.
- Behave in a manner which meets
- your Employment Contract and
- Health and Safety Handbook.
- the Company’s policies and
- guidelines for health and safety requirements as set out in
- Perform machine safety checks frequently
- Report any faults immediately
- Keep track of your machine consumables (such as gas) and make sure you tell your Production Manager when more are required before they run out.
- Maintain a clean and organised working area.
- Cooperate with the office and workshop teams
- Undertake training as required
This list is not exhaustive and you may be expected to perform other tasks during peak times.
- As the ideal candidate, you will have experience in operating Pressbrakes.
- You will have a hands-on attitude and a certain level of technical ability to safely work with large industrial equipment.
- Having a forklift truck licence would be advantageous.
Key Performance Indicators (KPIs):
You will be monitored on the following KPIs:
- Speed and ability of processing orders with minimal disruptions.
- Successful maintenance of the equipment.
- Success to failure ratio of producing accurate, high quality parts
- Feedback from managers on cooperatively working
- Feedback from manager on use of initiative
- Feedback from managers on time management
- Completion of relevant documents
- Effective management of “waste” materials
- 40 hours per week, paid monthly.
- 224 hours holiday per year (hourly holidays to maximise flexible working).
- Working hours can be adjusted for those wishing to avoid traffic or for those who wish to work a 4 day week.
- 8.00 til 17.00 Monday to Thursday
- 8.00 til 14.30 Friday.
- Performance will be frequently reviewed and increases to the salary will occur on continual good performance results shown in the KPIs and the ability to go above and beyond the written job specification.
- Starting rate is £13.50 per hour going to £14.25 on successful completion of the 3-month probationary period.
- “Production Bonus” paid monthly when targets are met.
- 1 day extra holiday entitlement per year for every year of employment (Up to 8 years).
- Strong commitment to training and development
- Hassle free enrolment into company pension scheme
- Free on site parking
- Make sure you are capable to carry out your role
- Identify relevant learning and development needs
- Make sure you work to the agreed standard,
- relevant external regulations and
- internal documentation and
- in accordance with
- to meet customer requirements.
- You should
- carry out all specified quality checks, making sure work is done to the required Company standards
- complete relevant records (electronic and paper)
- You must identify any purchase requirements and communicate these to the Purchasing and Logistics Manager.
- Polite communication with
- suppliers and
- delivery drivers
- Work cooperatively with all workshop and office teams
- You should report problems to managers such as those related to
- our products and services,
- supplier problems,
- infrastructure problems,
- customer dissatisfaction
- Undertake training where required